Skip to main content

5 Ways to Learn How to Code


I'm not a coder that having lots of experience in coding. In fact, I'm learning how to code in more difficult way that I'm sharing here. Before I learn how to code, I don't own any formal education in IT nor certification in coding.

I work as a AV technician at the beginning of my career, my job scope was to connecting the cable between the devices back in the rack. I discover my real passion while I seen how my company programmer doing amazing stuff with just bunch of code. I start to learn coding in a very difficult way, I ask the code from the programmer and read though the code. Of course, it took me a very long time to start to understand what my programmer coding about. Today, I'm going to share 5 more easier way to start to learn coding. Here we go:

1. Safari Online Book

Safari Online Book offer tons of technology e-book, journal, video and as well as online classes that you can register to. You can find all the resources that you need from beginner to expect. Safari offer 7 days free trial without collect your credit card information.  The subscription fee is S$52 for monthly and S$529 for a annual. 


If reading a book is too boring to you, feel free to explore code school. Personally, I enjoy code school very much as you learn it from watching a short video and playing the code challenge right after the video. Code school offer some free course, feel free to check it out. The subscription fee is USD 29/monthly and USD 228/yearly.


I seen a lot of treehouse advertisement whenever I'm watching Youtube video, their advertisement content is almost the same but different people, it's all about a person drop out from school or didn't start any formal education, they choose tree house instead, and they get a job for coding eventually. 
The subscription fee is USD25/monthly for basic plan and USD49/monthly for pro plan. The pro plan will offer you a better learning experience with their Code Challenge Engine, which you can learn coding by complete the challenge, it always the best method to learn something by "get your hand dirty". 

4. Library 


Well, library is the best place to learn everything with FREE. They are tons of technology book available in library, feel free to check it.

5. Formal Study 
Out of all the method above, formal study is most time consuming to learn coding. But formal study offer you more than just coding, you will learn many theory of computer, networking, security and so on. So it depend on why you want to learn coding in the first place, and there is no right or wrong about should I learn coding on my own or going for formal study.

One last thing....

Leaning how to code is a on going progress, there is no full stop in your journey as technology changes at rapid pace in this industry, so if you decided to learn coding, be ready to this long journey.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Shocking Facts About Technology

Technology is moving at rapid pace and all of us can't get rid of it, we are all living with technology. Computer used to be a huge component that not possible to carry around, and the exist of laptop make computer portable, with smartphone, the computer is just right in your pocket and you can access to tons of information just right at your fingertip. Here are the 5 shocking facts about technology. 1. Steve Job didn't let his children have iPad Despite Steve Job spending his life to build Apple product, writing in the   New York Times   in 2014, Nick Bilton saying Steve Job was a low-tech parent, when come to the question about his children  liked the new iPad, Job replied: "They haven't used it. We limit how much technology our kids use at." Properly Job is worry what I mention in my previous blog post  What you know about technology and what you don't .  2.  Your phone is dirtier than a public toilet  handle How many of you do washing

What You Know About Technology And What You Don't Know About Technology.

Technology is the hot topic, everyone talk about technology. Each day, when I browse though my Facebook, I saw my friend is joining some sort of investment program and writing post about today is the era of internet and E-commerce, who make usefullness of the platform such as Alibaba gaining to listed company today. They emphasize how technology is changing the business world today and why you should join them in order to make more money. Mark Zuckerberg didn't tend to be No.1 in social media, and of course he didn't tend to be the fifth richest person in the world. Today, Mark Zuckerberg net worth is estimated to be US$58.6 million. Facebook changed everyone life, it changed how we connected. Before Facebook, I tend to have a lot of topic with my old friend, who didn't meet each other for quite some time, we got a lot of question to each other. With Facebook today, our live are become more transparency to each other, your friend will know where is your last vacation

My Path to Leadership 1

Since I started my career, as a AV technician back in 8 years ago, my superior already share with me that the most challenging that he is facing is manage people. My superior was knowledgable, skilful, and confidently. As a head of engineering team, his job is to supervise and to ensure that we'll deliver the project by deadline. He share me a lot of his story about how he manage to finish up a tough project by his alone, in comparison, we are far away from his ability. So he did try his best to educate us on the system knowledge and he is the only one who willing to share the knowledge with me at that time, I feel much appreciated for his effort till today. Despite he trying his best, but my peer was dislike him, it could be his authentic unfiltered word do make my peer felt been insulted. From him, I learned that it's not an easy task to manage someone or to lead someone, despite I'm aware of this, I never take leadership as serious before until my staff was leave me