Skip to main content

How the future transportation like



About 2-3 weeks ago, I found a brochure on my door step. Sigh, always have to clean up the trash!
So I pick it up, and have a glance on it, oh wait, this is interesting.



An mobile application brochure, OBike, what is it? On the how to use instruction, it's said:


1. Find yourself an OBike on the map.
2. Reserve it for 10 mins.
3. Unlock it with scan the QR code.
4. So I can ride the OBike to whoever I want.

I'm still don't really get the idea of it, so I'm downloading the app to fill up my curiosity.


Wow, that a lot of bike appear just in walking distance, out of curiosity, I'm walk to one of the bike that near me to check it out.

And here what I found, an OBike just right park at my apartment downstair. I can unlock it and ride to whoever I want, and the most cool thing is, I can park it wherever I want. I can ride to the market, park, coast, park it, lock it, then the rental fee will be stop charging. How cool is that. If you have the same curiosity as mine you can find out more OBike on their website

I see this OBike concept as a revolution idea. Before OBike, I tried to rent a bicycle and ride about 3 hours to east coast, and spend almost an hour to wait for a seat that have enough space to put our rental bicycle, the reason? we do not have lock for the bicycles. And yeah, finally we found a seat for our seafood dinner, how wonderful. After the dinner, we spend another 3 hours to ride the bicycle to where we rent our bicycle. I only tried it once, cause it too tiring. 

With OBike, I can ride it to the coast, lock it, find a seat, dinner and taking bus back home. isn't it work better? Not only saving up our time, energy but money as well. OBike rental go as low as $0.50 for 30 mins. So a ride for 3 hours will be $6, compare to $18 the conventional bicycle rental shop. 

Well, today we can rent a bicycle right from the phone, tomorrow, it could be a car. 

With the electonic car and automation vehicle arise, next time, when you open up the app, you can pick any electronic car instead of bicycle. Calling an Uber car, but with no driver in it. Car in Singapore might getting more and more luxury as owning a car is no longer necessary. 
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Shocking Facts About Technology

Technology is moving at rapid pace and all of us can't get rid of it, we are all living with technology. Computer used to be a huge component that not possible to carry around, and the exist of laptop make computer portable, with smartphone, the computer is just right in your pocket and you can access to tons of information just right at your fingertip. Here are the 5 shocking facts about technology. 1. Steve Job didn't let his children have iPad Despite Steve Job spending his life to build Apple product, writing in the   New York Times   in 2014, Nick Bilton saying Steve Job was a low-tech parent, when come to the question about his children  liked the new iPad, Job replied: "They haven't used it. We limit how much technology our kids use at." Properly Job is worry what I mention in my previous blog post  What you know about technology and what you don't .  2.  Your phone is dirtier than a public toilet  handle How many of you do washing

My Path to Leadership 1

Since I started my career, as a AV technician back in 8 years ago, my superior already share with me that the most challenging that he is facing is manage people. My superior was knowledgable, skilful, and confidently. As a head of engineering team, his job is to supervise and to ensure that we'll deliver the project by deadline. He share me a lot of his story about how he manage to finish up a tough project by his alone, in comparison, we are far away from his ability. So he did try his best to educate us on the system knowledge and he is the only one who willing to share the knowledge with me at that time, I feel much appreciated for his effort till today. Despite he trying his best, but my peer was dislike him, it could be his authentic unfiltered word do make my peer felt been insulted. From him, I learned that it's not an easy task to manage someone or to lead someone, despite I'm aware of this, I never take leadership as serious before until my staff was leave me

What You Know About Technology And What You Don't Know About Technology.

Technology is the hot topic, everyone talk about technology. Each day, when I browse though my Facebook, I saw my friend is joining some sort of investment program and writing post about today is the era of internet and E-commerce, who make usefullness of the platform such as Alibaba gaining to listed company today. They emphasize how technology is changing the business world today and why you should join them in order to make more money. Mark Zuckerberg didn't tend to be No.1 in social media, and of course he didn't tend to be the fifth richest person in the world. Today, Mark Zuckerberg net worth is estimated to be US$58.6 million. Facebook changed everyone life, it changed how we connected. Before Facebook, I tend to have a lot of topic with my old friend, who didn't meet each other for quite some time, we got a lot of question to each other. With Facebook today, our live are become more transparency to each other, your friend will know where is your last vacation